Monday, May 17, 2010

Luxury .....

I know I often get caught up with the chores of daily life and have to remind myself not to take for granted the small luxuries especially after a challenging day with a one year old.

Rosamunde Pilcher describes luxury in her novel 'The Shell Seekers':

'Luxury, I think, is the total fulfilment of all five senses at once' page 484

'Mountains, and the bitter cold of snow, all glittering beneath a blue sky and a savage sun. Or lying, baking, on a hot rock, and knowing that, when you can't bear the heat another moment, the cold, deep sea is only a yard away, waiting for you to dive.' page 484

'Being out on a freezing wet day, and coming home, chilled to the bone, and being able to wallow in an immensely hot, deep bath' pages 484-485


These were my luxuries today:

Winter really seems to have arrived as the day was quite chilly, so I set aside my To Do List and instead curled up on the lounge with a blanket and one of my favourite books while our little man napped:





Freshly baked scones with strawberry jam and a chocolate milkshake - perfect for a chilly day:



And my luxury tonight: my electric blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment