Friday, January 14, 2011

The Week of Water

I had intended to blog this week about the Little Guy's birthday party which was held last weekend but the flooding and devastation experienced by the people of Queensland this week sidetracked those plans and it did not seem right to post about a cheerful happy event when those in Queensland and their friends and family are experiencing such heartache.


I've seen so many images of the destruction caused by the flooding and this one stopped my in my tracks:

photo from here

It looks like the scene from a Hollywood movie - but sadly this is just one of many photos showing the just what a huge amount of water can do.

And I think this photo is the most powerful I have seen:


photo from here


There's something about the way that soldier is holding the little girl that is so tender and beautiful.


I'll be back on the weekend with all the details of the Little Guy's birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment